Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Low protein vegetables.

On Feb 9, 11:26*pm, "DogDiesel" wrote:
My doctor is *suggesting low protein vegetables for a while. * *I have Gout
. Which I have been trying to address over a few years with diet.

Instead of meds. *Like Allupurinol and Colchicines.

I've been pretty happy with my managing .

But this is a big fail. * Its very bad.

*I set it off by eating *a couple of deer steaks and making Rabbit stew. *A
couple of times in January .

I'm pretty much done with game animals. *Which I love so much. *Because of
all the crap in our store bought meat.

I've not given much thought to vegetable protein.

But I do make Miso soup *which has tofu in it. But Its been a while.

It just seems rather extreme to say that I cant eat certain *vegetables *due
to protein content.

Any comments.

Diesel.

Body needs balanced protein as supplied by animal products. You can't
live without protein.

If you are a vegetarian you have to balance the protein with different
plant sources.

I don't know anything about gout but is one protein the problem and
what vegetable sources avoid it?

I like my venison but am supposed to cut way back on red meat because
of cholesterol.
I limit myself to a quarter pound a day and cholesterol is fine.

I suspect, more fluids, no booze and less meat will help your problem.