Old 20-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Polar

Default Coffee grounds to keep out cats?

My Pericles is the strongest-willed cat I have ever
been owned by, and that goes back a lot of years.

He had a terrible accident to his hind leg that co$t me a
bundle, so I try to keep him in at night. If he needs a bm, he does
it in a big planter in the living room -- you can imagine the mess!

He has stopped pooping in the elegant toilet I bought him,
filled with expensive crystals, but instead, during the day, is going
in my veg. gardens. Nothing deters him. I even tried mothballs
again (dodges blows), but he just brushes them aside.

To the point: Would coffee grounds be (a) a deterrent
and (b) not harmful to the veggies? Not a huge coffee drinker,
moi, but I could ask at a coffee shop (has anybody done this?
what success?)

Your experience earnestly solicited.

--

Zone 24/8