Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Low protein vegetables.

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Feb 9, 8:26 pm, "DogDiesel" wrote:
My doctor is suggesting low protein vegetables for a while. I have Gout
. Which I have been trying to address over a few years with diet.

Instead of meds. Like Allupurinol and Colchicines.

I've been pretty happy with my managing .

But this is a big fail. Its very bad.

I set it off by eating a couple of deer steaks and making Rabbit stew. A
couple of times in January .

I'm pretty much done with game animals. Which I love so much. Because of
all the crap in our store bought meat.

I've not given much thought to vegetable protein.

But I do make Miso soup which has tofu in it. But Its been a while.

It just seems rather extreme to say that I cant eat certain vegetables due
to protein content.

Any comments.

Diesel.

Ohh, gout is a hurting for certain. Hopefully it is just gout and
there is no underlying cause other than diet. I've been living for
nearly 12 years now with RA with gouty tendencies and a psoriasis
element that I have to keep suppressed. Maxing out on Morphine and
Vicodine does not even begin to address my pain in an acute flair. So
I am speaking with a bit of experience on the subject.

That reminds me of the story of a local man who amputated his gouty toe with
a 12 gauge. If you've never had gout you just cannot understand.

I live in Western NC, we have the highest incidence of kidney stones in the
country if not the world. Did you know that gout and kidney stones are
caused by the same problem? Chances are that if you have had problems with
one and do not treat it you will experience the other at some time in your
life. I've had both, the kidney stones first. Have you ever begged a friend
to knock you unconscious?

Steve