Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Help Needed from Over-50's Gardeners.

In message , kay
writes

'David WE Roberts[_4_ Wrote:
;950558']
It is very difficult to pin down a definition, but Age Concern talk of
'older workers' when they are discussing people who want to work beyond

retirement.

Radio 4 PM last night said something on the lines of someone having
suggested "elderly people should return to work in order to have social
contact" and then morphed straight into an interview with Maud, aged
86.
Despite her evident alertness, I found myself wondering how many
employers are falling over themselves to employ the over 80s?

--
kay

Our local B&Q did employ a lady well into her 80s

However I have to confess I think I have made a mistake here by saying
"elderly" was over 50.
It's "older people" who are over 50.
Retired people are those who have reached state pension age which of
course is still different for men and women.
Elderly IMO are those whose declining physical capabilities and
appearance are becoming more obvious, typically over 80.

--
hugh