Old 13-02-2012, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Well That's Winter Over Then

The female blackbirds are getting very aggressive towards each other
and to other birds, the annual pond orgy has started (the frogs won't
stay still long enough to be counted but there's well over a dozen
hard at it today), some of the camellia buds have opened, and I've
found my first hedgehog droppings. And clearly a thrush has found its
first snail. Oh, and the flamin' starlings have gone back home which
cuts the seed consumption by half just in time to avoid the bank loan!

Now if only the fuchsias would get round to dropping last year's
leaves and the birds would get round to gobbling up the last hundred
or so crab apples to clear the way for this year's buds I might be
able to get everything in synch.

So that's winter done for this year I suppose. I wonder if we'll have
a cold spring?

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.