Old 13-02-2012, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Bird table?

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:38:04 -0000, "Flynn" wrote:

Hi

Any suggestions on a half-decent, relatively cheap bird-table?

I've just opened one I got from B&Q (£25) and it's a turkey - parts broken
or coming apart, naff instructions

It's going back tomorrow (Paisley, near Glasgow)

TIA

Flynn

You get what you pay for and a cheap bird table isn't going to last
well. If you can go up market a bit, whilst you may pay a bit more
now, it'll pay in the long run.

Alternatively, if you can manage some relatively simple DIY you can
make your own. Basic table for under a tenner, table plus stand for
under £20, table plus stand plus roof for about £25. If you know a
fencing supplier from whom you can cadge some offcuts you could do it
even cheaper.

If you want the DIY route I can post instructions for how I built my
table which is still going strong after 20 years and will probably
last as long again.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.