Old 15-02-2012, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Barbed Wire and the law

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:53:39 -0800 (PST), RJS wrote:

My garden backs onto woodland owned by my Local Authority. The sole
barrier between the garden and the woodland is an old Beech hedge
which has become very thin at the bottom and no longer provides a
reliable obstruction to dogs and, possibly, a determined intruder.

My plan is to build a fence as close to the rootline as practicable
using Metposts, wooden posts and wire netting to the keep the dogs
out. What about the human element?

snip
Once I have secured the barrier I can cut the hedge back ruthlessly
which will encourage it to bush out.

Any views about the use of the barbed wire or alternatives?

Under plant with something nice a prickly? Finding something that
will grow under a Beech hedge might be interesting. uk.rec.gardening
added.

--
Cheers
Dave.