Old 15-02-2012, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Barbed Wire and the law

On 15/02/2012 15:36, RJS wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:19 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Under plant with something nice a prickly? Finding something that
will grow under a Beech hedge might be interesting. uk.rec.gardening
added.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Hello Dave

Under-planting was my original (and preferred) thought. But, as you
rightly observe, the foot of a 12' Beech hedge isn't the most fertile
of locations. I could tempt some of the vicious Blackberries which
grow in the woodland into the hedge but that's not terribly desirable.

Rgds

What about dog roses? You could get cuttings at the same time as
blackberry cuttings and just stick them in the ground. There shouldn't
be any problems with either rooting successfully.

--

Jeff