Old 15-02-2012, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,alt.rec.hiking,uk.d-i-y
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Totally Waterproof Boots

"john east" wrote ...

Have some 'all-rubber' boots that are lace up. They never let in any wet
and being lace up are quite comfortable enough for gardening and walking
short distances.

But now being about 25 years old the lace hooks have come adrift and its
time for replacements.

They are manufactured in Malaysia and I did find them for sale in the U.K.,
quite some time ago for fifty pounds or so. Which seems quite a lot since
they are really a glorified ankle length Wellington Boot, with laces.

The other day I saw on T.V. a documentary about the Royal Navy and they all
seemed to be wearing black boots, that looked comfortable and they would
have to be waterproof..right?

But I cannot seem to find them for sale on the internet anywhere, so I'm
assuming they are only available directly to Naval personnel.

Grateful for any information on where I could pick up a 100% waterproof
lace up boot, especially the Naval ones. ( I'm not interested in the
Goretex/waterproof membrane type boots, since I hear the lining has a
limited life, and also they tend to be expensive, which I dont need for
short walks and gardening). Thanks.

There is always the Derri Boot....
http://www.derribootsdirect.com/

--