Old 16-02-2012, 12:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice/tips for repotting my Aloe without breaking him

Clara said:

I live in Casper, WY and I Have a Huge Aloe Vera that needs

repotted but
Im affraid of breaking him. For our climate he is rare, even for a
house plant. He is 4' 2" tall, 38" from side to side and has about a 3"
(stock?) Im not sure if that is the right word for an Aloe. I know this
must sound kind of ridiculous, but I've had Henry forever. Can

anyone
give me advice, tips of the trade or (an old family secret) :-} for
repotting this old beast without breaking him? I would so appreciate
any ideas. Thank You

Multiple people, and careful but snug wrapping of the plant before
attempting to remove the pot.

It might even be best (for the plant) to carefully break the old pot to
remove it rather than risk tugging on it.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored