Old 20-04-2003, 10:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Vegetables

Out of those, lettuce will emerge first (don't know about rocket so that
may be first). Beetroot are normally quickest of the others. Don't sow too
much this early as it can turn cold again like today. Try white turnips when
the ground has warmed up as they are better from fast germination. If you
have the facilities, sow some sweetcorn in small pots indoors, and
courgettes, ready to put outside to harden off when this awful wind goes
down

From the English Riviera If you live in Paradise why would you want to go
abroad for a holiday? Answers on a postcard to
http://www.cornishlight.freeserve.co.uk/rame.htm

chris.sperry wrote:
: I'm new to gardening, but have recently had a go at sowing a few
: spring vegetable seeds: carrots, beetroot, lettuce, spring onions,
: rocket.
:
: I'm watching my carefully prepared patch like a hawk, willing a bit of
: germination to take place.
:
: Anybody got any idea which row is likely to emerge first?