Old 16-02-2012, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Puzzling soil test result

On Feb 16, 11:41*am, echinosum
wrote:
Dave Hill;950788 Wrote: *And if you have Foxes around they will dig like mad trying to find the
meat.

I mainly use bonemeal in the bottom of the hole when planting plants, so
that it is under a few inches of soil. *Occasionally I've scattered it
on the surface for my bamboo. My garden is visited by foxes practically
every night, but I have had no problem with them digging stuff up.

--
echinosum

Several years ago now, I dug a couple of handfulls into the soil
before planting and for the next couple of weeks they were digging
there every night.
David