Old 17-02-2012, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Daffodils

On 2/17/12 9:40 AM, mj wrote:
I may have an opportunity to dig up some daffodils from an old
abandoned farm house. I will need to dig them while they are still in
bloom. I will re plant them in the fall but what do I do in the mean
time?
MJ

Where I live, I replant bulbs in the same day as I dig them.

If they are still in bloom, they are also still in leaf. That means the
leaves have not yet replenished the bulbs for next year's growth. Few
of them will survive in storage. They require sun, moisture, and soil
nutrients for the leaves to do their work on the bulbs.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see