Old 19-02-2012, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Well That's Winter Over Then

On 2012-02-14 18:53:22 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

The snowdrops came out months ago. Have you been hibernating?

They might have done for you, but I still have to see one.
The crocus are flowering, well those that the mice and squirels havn't
eaten and the first daff waiting for sunshine to open fully.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay

It depends so much on which snowdrop variety! Having lots of different
types, ours open at widely varying intervals. And we have found that,
this year, the display is much less impressive than it usually is. While
there are a lot in hedgerows nearby, there still seem to be bald patches,
so I'm wondering what's affected them. A year or two ago, this garden was
just smothered in them.

I've found that a lot of mine are coming up blind and so are my species
crocuses.