Old 20-02-2012, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Doug[_5_] Doug[_5_] is offline

Default What's all this about a drought?

On Feb 20, 7:58*am, harry wrote:
On Feb 20, 6:14*am, Doug wrote:

I live in London and my garden has been sopping wet for months and yet
we have this...

"The Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman is hosting a drought
summit later as parts of England struggle with groundwater levels
lower than in 1976.

She has invited water companies, farmers and wildlife groups to
discuss the situation in south-east England, East Anglia and the east
Midlands.

The River Kennet in Wiltshire has dried up completely west of
Marlborough.

The Angling Trust's chief executive Mark Lloyd said "it's a pile of
stones you can walk across in ordinary shoes".

Many rivers in south-east England have also dried up..."

Mohttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17091256

Doug.

What is your question/point?

Isn't it obvious? I live in SE England with a very wet garden while
the above claims there is a severe drought in SE England. My rainwater
buckets are full to the brim so why the apparent inconsistency?

Doug.