Old 20-02-2012, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What's all this about a drought?

On Feb 20, 12:07*pm, Baz wrote:
Jake wrote :

Your question indicates that you have a lot to learn.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

For those that notice such things - I'm changing my
Usenet provider to News.Individual.NET. It's still me!

Yes he has a lot to learn Jake, but that is why he has come to this group,
to learn. I am sure you or another knowledgeable person could point him to
a link (www.?) to help with his question.(Shh! Don't tell anybody but I
want to know too.)

Baz

As has been said by my fellow Swansea Bay Watch member. you don't need
to go fat to have a change in the weather, here we are half way upo a
mountain at 450ft + (Well it's called a mountain though it is only
998ft when the grass is cut).
Wet air comming off the sea is forced up a thousand feet and so sheds
some of it's water as rain, another of the Swansea bay 3 lives on the
other side of the "mountain" and has yet another different set of
weather to either Jake or myself.
There are times when we are in sunshine and the next "Mountain" to the
East of us which is around 5 miles away and seperated from us by a
river valley can be having snow, as we had just a few weks ago. They
had snow, we were clear.
When the Oil refinery was active the steam from the cooling towers
would rise and form cloud which would ofte go inland on the East side
of the river, this would block the sun from them and make it cooler
for them than for us.
Many things can cause these MIcro climatic changes.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay.