Old 20-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Happy Gardener Happy Gardener is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumbLawns View Post
Hi
This is just a quick note to take issue with the above comments.

GreenThumb has been treating lawns in the UK for 25 years, treating more than 430,000 customers and carrying out over 2 million lawn treatments every year.

They are the largest end user of professional domestic fertiliser in the country and have built their reputation on superb service, superior products, and great value for money.

The business is franchised with more than 200 outlets across the UK. Within those 200+ branches are approximately 600 lawn operatives. Every single lawn operative that works for GreenThumb is PA1 and PA6 licensed. A franchisee could potentially lose his business if he was caught breaking the law in this regard and we would have no problem with any customer asking to see a lawn operatives licence to treat lawns, so do not be afraid to ask.

There may be from time to time an issue with a lawn operative, but if you speak to the local branch they will do what they can to put it right. They offer a 'no quibble' service so if you do have problems, be sure to let your local branch know. GreenThumb is not perfect, but absolutely do their best to make lawns look beautiful, to offer a superb service and to makes their customers happy.
Mmmm, "superb service" you say? "great value for money" I hear you shout. Now call me picky but if one is quoted a price one expects that price to be the one invoiced, further to that if somebody can only complete half the job then it would also be reasonable to expect to pay half the quoted price.

Greenthumb have recently failed me on both these points and won't be going near my lawn anytime soon.

As for the customer service, well, we tried contact local branch who made us feel like they couldn't really care less. Massive fail on all counts Greenthumb. I shall ensure I pass this recent experience onto others.