Old 20-02-2012, 08:59 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse Riley View Post
I cleaned mine out a week ago, once there was no longer any ice about.
It has to be done now as the frogs will soon be in it.
Much of the problems can occur when the pond isn't big enough to support the contents, particularly when there's goldfish in small ponds.

Mine is only 5ft by 3ft. It's just there for a couple of lilies and keeps the frogs from depositing their spawn in my koi pool. The fish would eat the tadpoles.
I did a bit of cleaning yesterday, but there was still (thin) ice on most of the pool. But I don't go into the sludge at this time of year as the bottom is full of male frogs - I just get rid of any semi-floating debris.