Old 20-02-2012, 09:04 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2012-02-20 08:14:34 +0000, Doug said:

On Feb 20, 7:58*am, harry wrote:
On Feb 20, 6:14*am, Doug wrote:

I live in London and my garden has been sopping wet for months and yet
we have this...

"The Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman is hosting a drought
summit later as parts of England struggle with groundwater levels
lower than in 1976.

She has invited water companies, farmers and wildlife groups to
discuss the situation in south-east England, East Anglia and the east
Midlands.

The River Kennet in Wiltshire has dried up completely west of
Marlborough.

The Angling Trust's chief executive Mark Lloyd said "it's a pile of
stones you can walk across in ordinary shoes".

Many rivers in south-east England have also dried up..."

Mo
BBC News - Drought summit as rivers in England dry up

Doug.

What is your question/point?

Isn't it obvious? I live in SE England with a very wet garden while
the above claims there is a severe drought in SE England. My rainwater
buckets are full to the brim so why the apparent inconsistency?

Doug.

Just luck of the draw in terms of location. We have heard reports here
that it's pouring with rain while we're looking at brilliant sunshine!
Small geographical differences make a big difference.
-
I suppose the other point is that he live in London and has a wet garden ... but if the areas that supply London with its tap water are dry, then he's going to have to start using that water butt for washing his car ;-)