Old 20-04-2003, 11:44 PM
bnd777

Default Giant Vine weevil ???????

Well to start with I am going to dig out the sections quite deeply and hope
to find the beasties and treat with Chloryphos or pirimiphos methyl as
suggested ........then in July/aug I will use the nematode
I have no option but to take drastic measures as cant disguise the mess of
the lawn or replace it with a flower bed
"Rod" wrote in message

"bnd777" wrote in message

Problem is theres not been any Rooks in our area and the horeshoe shape

of
dead grass has already been replaced once but is again

dead

We've got the same problem, there really aren't any pesticides I would be

prepared to use on a lawn so I'm afraid it's a
case of living with it and trying to keep up with repairs. I believe

greenkeepers have a few shots in their locker but
they're pretty nasty materials I wouldn't touch with a bargepole and only

available to pros anyway. Keep us posted if
you find a solution.

Rod