Old 20-02-2012, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default blueberries flowering.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:47:57 +0000, ashyboi5000
wrote:

I've got a small bluberry bush that I received in the middle of the cold
spell. With a plant that had been through he hardships of being
delivered in a box thought it would be best to keep inside to help it
heal and recover.

Unfortunately I've kept it in too long and it's now flowering! When the
flowering season should be June/July/August.

Would it be worthwhile cutting off the flowers to help promote stem
growth? Theory behind this is that more stems/branches will mean more
flowers and fruit later on in the season?

Any advise appreciated.

I have a potted bluberry outside my kitchen window. I noticed 2
flowers out on it a couple of weeks ago!

Pam in Bristol