Old 20-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Doghouse Riley's Avatar
Doghouse Riley Doghouse Riley is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I did a bit of cleaning yesterday, but there was still (thin) ice on most of the pool. But I don't go into the sludge at this time of year as the bottom is full of male frogs - I just get rid of any semi-floating debris.
Mine are more crafty, as the koi pool is warmer, they either hide between the folds of the liner in the corners, or in the sump.
I can catch them in the sump when I purge it each week and put them in the little pond. But they must work their way back under the net and into the pool and then swim down and up back to the sump via the bottom drain.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners!
I don't like 'em myself! They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them on long winter evenings."