Old 20-02-2012, 11:21 PM
honda_palmer honda_palmer is offline
Registered User

Location: Sunderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_palmer View Post
Hi Guys

I have recently bought a 2nd hand petrol lawnmower, its a partner 146. The problem is with the engine which is a Briggs and stratton quantum 35. Basically when i got it the housing which holds the air filter was full of oil, i cleaned it up and did the first cut of the year with the same air filter. I received my new filter, and when i took out the old air filter, it was soaked in oil again. Is this just due to the filter being clogged or is there too much oil in the mower. I don't see how it can get in there! I've put in the new filter but haven't turned it over yet as i don't want to wreck the new filter.

Thanks in advance

Shaun
can anyone help please?