Old 20-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Orchid ID?

On 20 Apr 2003 14:56:50 -0700, (JW) wrote:

Can anyone ID this orchid? It has no leaves, only stems and flowers.

http://www.geocities.com/jimd8880

I tried to post a picture to ABPO, but apparently my server does not allow
posting of binaries. Thanks!

There are several Dendrobiums that look similar when
photographed. That said, I will post a picture of my Dendrobium
pierardii. It is my best guess as to the identification of your
plant. If you can not post to ABPO you may not be reading, so
the website address for the Den pierardii is:
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/Dendrobium/aaw

It should grow leaves shortly and new canes as summer develops.
It is deciduous, thus it requires very little water in the winter
and drops all of its leaves in the fall. It does not leaf out
until after the flowers are done in the spring. It is a very
reliable bloomer and an easy grower for me.
Enjoy.
SuE