Old 21-02-2012, 01:10 AM
goldentony111's Avatar
goldentony111 goldentony111 is offline
Registered User

Location: Swansea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Hi poppyseed, A couple of comments, firstly, I'd think very hard before planting laurel in such a small space ? and make sure you like the smell of privet flowers ? personally, I find the smell unbearable !
Choisya 'sundance' whilst being a lovely shrub, is quite slow growing and will only get to about 4ft tall in 10 yrs ??? so if its privacy that your after, I think you need something a bit quicker ! I'd think about Grisellinia, either plain green or variegated, Viburnum tinus, Photinia 'red robin', Euonymous japonica in its various forms or even a mixture which will give a less formal effect and might look very good. It really depends on what style you have in mind ?
best of luck ! Lannerman.
thanks, I was looking for this