Old 21-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Ferg123 Ferg123 is offline
Registered User

The compost bin will be manual and for domestic use.
I will be investigating the idea of making it gear driven to aid with the turning as I see this as one of the major issues.
The other issue of having sufficient material in order to it to decompose effectively is one which I feel needs research and testing.
The problem I have highlighted from all other 'compost tumblers' is that when you mix the bin you can have a certain amolunt of it which is ready to use on the garden and some of it can be only a few days old. This would mean the user needs to wait for the entire heap to be ready before they can use it. I am looking into making the bin sectional for this purpose.
Thanks for your input David, good to get gardener's opinions after all you are the target market!
Fearghal