Old 21-02-2012, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Designing a Compost Bin

gennylee writes:

Ferg123;951386 Wrote:
I am a Product Designer at the University of Huddersfield, England. I am
currently designing a rotating compost tumbler and was wondering if any
of you have any advice for me when it comes to designing one. Any
experiences, both bad or good will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Is it cheaper to make your own rather than just buy one?

I find it a lot cheaper to make my own.

All I do is put the compost in a pile.
A pile way too large to fit in any bin.

As for some kind of large rotating bin, no thanks.
I'd spend all winter looking out the window seeing
a large plastic monstrosity.

--
Dan Espen