Old 21-02-2012, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Wow - fun with new chipper!

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 00:54:05 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
.. .
On 20 Feb 2012 11:09:56 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

For those that notice such things - I'm changing my
Usenet provider to News.Individual.NET. It's still me!

You will never regret that. They are brilliant. However they are more than
not keen on you using an invalid address (and IIRC they say they will
terminate you if you do)
How did you get round this?
I get round it by having my usenet address drop into a spam folder on
webmail that I only check occasionally.

I'm amazed at the speed of data transfer with NIN compared to big
commercial providers such as Giganews.

As to the reply address, NIN's FAQ suggests the .invalid option:

5.3
May I mangle my "From:" header address so that I do not get spam?

We recommend creating a special e-mail address for use with Usenet
articles only and protecting it with suitable filtering rules. This
way your regular mailbox will stay untroubled, but you can still
receive e-mail responses to your Usenet articles.

Another option is using the Top Level Domain ".invalid" (see RFC
2606). The Top Level Domain ".invalid" is intended for construction of
obviously invalid addresses like ". Such
addresses do not disturb and pollute regular name space and can easily
be identified as invalid by both humans and machines.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.