Old 21-02-2012, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Peppers

On Feb 21, 11:56*am, Sean Straw wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:33:20 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
I just read that spraying Epsom Salt on pepper plants and re applying
in 10 days makes a huge difference in the amount and size of the
peppers. Spray at flowering time. True? False?

If you have a Magnesium deficiency. *If not, there's no real benefit.

Epsom Salts are Magnesium Sufate. *Both elemental Magnesium and Sulfur
are traces which plants generally desire in some small amount, and if
your soil is lacking, applying this would help the plants..

I am not sure if there is a deficiency, I did not have the soil tested
this year. Will it hurt anything? Epsom is cheep