Old 21-02-2012, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Peppers

On Feb 21, 9:04*am, "
wrote:
On Feb 21, 11:56*am, Sean Straw wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:33:20 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
I just read that spraying Epsom Salt on pepper plants and re applying
in 10 days makes a huge difference in the amount and size of the
peppers. Spray at flowering time. True? False?

If you have a Magnesium deficiency. *If not, there's no real benefit.

Epsom Salts are Magnesium Sufate. *Both elemental Magnesium and Sulfur
are traces which plants generally desire in some small amount, and if
your soil is lacking, applying this would help the plants..

I am not sure if there is a deficiency, I did not have the soil tested
this year. Will it hurt anything? Epsom is cheep

Yet, if ya don't need it, don't use it. That is even cheaper.

http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/supp.../Mg_Basics.htm