Old 21-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Lisa Tetzlaff

Default water lily ?

I have tried kitty litter and dont like it. I have also tried aquatic soil and dont like it either. I use good old fashioned cheap potting soil that does not have any fertilizer in it. When I pot the lily, I put three fertilizer tabs down near the bottom of the pot. I use a pot that does not have any holes. If it does have holes, I use landscaping fabric or newspaper down in the bottom. I fertiilize my lilies once a month. I take a tab or two, and push them way down in the soil and cover them up well so they dont leak out into my pond. Works for me.
wrote in message ...
last year I aquired a hardy water lily tuber and just tossed it into my
pond. It did get some very small lily pads, no flowers. Yesterday I
noticed that it has 3 new leaves emerging. I would like to pot it up. I
have read in this group that some people use kitty litter. Is there any
particular brand I should buy or would any kitty litter do ? Also, when
should I fertilize the lily ?
Thanks in advance,
Lucy