Old 21-02-2012, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Peppers

wrote in message
On Feb 21, 12:27 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Feb 21, 9:04 am, "
wrote:

On Feb 21, 11:56 am, Sean Straw wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:33:20 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
I just read that spraying Epsom Salt on pepper plants and re applying
in 10 days makes a huge difference in the amount and size of the
peppers. Spray at flowering time. True? False?

If you have a Magnesium deficiency. If not, there's no real benefit.

Epsom Salts are Magnesium Sufate. Both elemental Magnesium and Sulfur
are traces which plants generally desire in some small amount, and if
your soil is lacking, applying this would help the plants..

I am not sure if there is a deficiency, I did not have the soil tested
this year. Will it hurt anything? Epsom is cheep

Yet, if ya don't need it, don't use it. That is even cheaper.

http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/supp.../Mg_Basics.htm

I would really LOVE some great Bell Peppers this year. I have great
luck with other kinds but I have yet to grow a great Bell

Order a pkt of "Karma" from Park's, it's the very best bell I've ever grown.