Old 22-02-2012, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default The answers

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article 1b89feca-72cd-4aab-ba7f-0e1a7e001845
@s7g2000vby.googlegroups.com, says...

I was tought many years ago that it's not knowing the answer, it's
knowing where to find the answer, and by asking the right questions,
in the right place you can mostly get the answers.
It just takes time.

But these days, with GIYF, it is a question of knowing how best to
construct the search criteria!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Let's go back a bit.

In the first place there would have been a problem of some sort - generating
a question. if that same problem had occurred for someone else then there
would be a question to be asked as to how the problem was fixed, or the
question answered.

So I think the question comes first then the answer, either solved or
offered by another person.

Knowledge for it's own sake is fine, but for the less knowledgeable, where
to find the answer is vital.

Bill