Old 22-02-2012, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default small chain saw

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend a small chainsaw for light work. Not to cut tree
trunks but heavier branches that are pruned and so on so i can use them
for the fire/ Sawing manually on a saw horse is definitely tiring if not
exhausting!!
--
Janet Tweedy

There are serious safety concerns to be considered with chain saw use. I do
not wish to be patronising, but I strongly recommend you consider your
personal ability to use a chainsaw safely before getting one, however small.
I was involved in giving safety filmshows to forestry workers in the use of
chainsaws, and some of the injuries shown were both frightening and
surprisingly easy to incur.

Bill