Old 22-02-2012, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default small chain saw

On Feb 22, 12:13*pm, Baz wrote:
Janet Tweedy wrote in news:00qLR1AOy9QPFwS2
@lancedal.demon.co.uk:

Can anyone recommend a small chainsaw for light work. Not to cut tree
trunks but heavier branches that are pruned and so on so i can use them
for the fire/ Sawing manually on a saw horse is definitely tiring if not
exhausting!!

To answer your question JT, I would go for an electric one and not petrol..
You can find them at DIY stores, that will fill your need. Always remember
that you cannot cut logs safely on your own because the operator needs 2
hands on the saw. You can upgrade to petrol/diesal when you feel ok with
it. Just don't try to do it on your own.

Baz

I wouls say try a Good hand saw first, I've always gone for Sandvik
they are in a class of their own, it's like a knife through butter,
but it looks as if they now sell as Bahco.
I'd lash out around £15.00 for one of their smaller bow saws (Some
good offers on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...71baf7o4 os_b
before buying a chain saw.
Sandvik were always the Profesional saw.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay.