Old 22-02-2012, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default small chain saw

In article , writes
But the main point is _time_ (as well as muscle power): ...

That is a completely separate matter.

I take your point Nick, but it is the sheer amount of time rather than
not being able to physically saw the stuff. Got a large bow saw and
whatever you call the ones with the thin blade that you have to squash
the metal arms together to fit a new blade but sawing for the best part
of three hours and finding the pile not much smaller is a bit off
putting!

Mind you I did see someone make an excellent hedge last week putting in
four staves (2 forward 2 back)and then laying the straighter branches
between the staves. Might try that to deter the deer! The mulberry
offcuts would be excellent for that. The hazel i intend to burn.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph