Old 22-02-2012, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default small chain saw

"Farmer Giles" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 21/02/2012 18:03, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Can anyone recommend a small chainsaw for light work. Not to cut tree
trunks but heavier branches that are pruned and so on so i can use them
for the fire/ Sawing manually on a saw horse is definitely tiring if not
exhausting!!

An electric chainsaw would be the better bet for what you want. Although,
as others have said, chainsaws are hazardous tools at best and require a
fair bit of maintenance - but less so with an electric one. I use both
types quite a lot, and I can tell you that using any type of chainsaw for
a spell is fairly tiring too. So, unless you have a large amount of logs
to saw, a good (and sharp) bow saw has many advantages.

If your intended use is near a convenient electrical mains supply then go
foc an electric chainsaw - so much less fuss than getting and storing
petrol.

I cut down 9 x 30' high Cupressus leylandii(sp) and cut them up with my
electric chain saw. The required length of cable in my case was a bit of a
chore, but should be OK for your case from what you say.

Bill

ill