Old 22-02-2012, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default small chain saw

In article , writes
I take your point about the length of time involved - I had to
guess at how wide and packed those piles were and may have guessed
wrong. But I can assure you that it is NOT as much faster to use
a chainsaw than it appears, if you are inexperienced or weakish
(as I am), because you dare not get even slightly tired when using
a chainsaw.

Oh right, well thank you for your answers i take your points very
seriously. Wouldn't use anything if i didn't think i was competent which
is one reason why i don't like the long armed hedge cutters. They are
balanced for people much taller than 5' 4"

A friend has something called an alligator which might be useful if they
can find it in their garage ! It's kind of like two sets of teeth that
you clamp round and cut medium thick stuff
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph