Old 22-02-2012, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bee Friendly Gardening

lcc_student wrote:
Thank you very much for the replies. This information is certainly
going to help the development of our project.

I have however one more question. I see that many of you wouldn't feel
motivated to garden bee-friendly because honey isn't that important.

I don't see that at all from the responses here, this is a pre-prepared
second round reply from you. If you want honest answers from strangers it
would be better to show your own bona fides and avoid thoughtless
copy/paste. The fact that you are missing is that, aside from honey, bees
fertilise many flowering plants including some significant food crops.
Something that HB and DER are no doubt aware of but didn't say this time.

What if instead you take part in a scheme where you collect points for
being bee-friendly and you get to spend them on plants and gardening
tools in gardening centers or could add them to your membership points
in a food chain as the Co-Operative.

This scheme is sophomoric to say the least.

David