Old 23-02-2012, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default small chain saw

On Feb 22, 7:18*pm, Another John wrote:
Nick said:

Sigh. *Even if you didn't need the same muscles to control a chainsaw
SAFELY, it is EXTREMELY rare to have a few arm muscles very weak and
the rest quite strong. *What I said is correct, unfortunately :-(

Well Nick I sympathise, but I disagree. *I've been cutting wood up data
protection alert for 40 years now. The chainsaw is heavier to pick up
than the bowsaw, but by golly it's easier to use! * Different physiques
... or perhaps you know something which I have yet to find out, further
down the line. :-(

And Emery said...

I'm with Nick on this one. *Chainsawing is plain hard work. *For tree
pruning I get a better cut, and a safer one, with a bowsaw. ..... etc.

I agree, if you're pruning trees Emery. *However as she has said, Janet
is faced with a large piles of logs to saw up into foot-lengths.

Furthermore, although several people have mentioned petrol saws, the
main recommendation is for an electric one -- which is lighter, far,
*far* easier to use, and less intimidating than a petrol one.

And finally, in answer to Janet's most recent question: *my own saw is a
Bosch AKE 35 S, which I think cost me about £70 about 5 years ago, at B
and Q (where of course I was able to have a good look at it before
buying). *I see they don't make this model any more (surprise), but pop
into B&Q and see what they have - be careful to buy a make approved by
this group though!

Finally finally: I bought one because my mate had raved about his: he
lent me it, and (having used a petrol saw before) *I was sold within 20
seconds!

John

B&Q is selling Bosch electric chainsaws at a reduced price right now.