Old 23-02-2012, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default small chain saw

On Feb 22, 10:21*pm, "MuddyMike" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , writes
I take your point about the length of time involved - I had to
guess at how wide and packed those piles were and may have guessed
wrong. *But I can assure you that it is NOT as much faster to use
a chainsaw than it appears, if you are inexperienced or weakish
(as I am), because you dare not get even slightly tired when using
a chainsaw.

Oh right, well thank you for your answers i take your points very
seriously. Wouldn't use anything if i didn't think i was competent which
is one reason why i don't like the long armed hedge cutters. They are
balanced for people much taller than 5' 4"

A friend has something called an alligator which might be useful if they
can find it in their garage ! It's kind of like two sets of teeth that you
clamp round and cut medium thick stuff
--

I have just recently replaced a rather old B&Q electric chainsaw with an
Aldi cheapy. It came with 3 years warranty so if it only lasts that long its

Mike- Hide quoted text -

My neighbour who is in his early 80's burns nothing but wood and has
for several years used an old Black and Decker chain saw which has now
given up the ghost, He has had 2 of the Liddle/aldi chain saws for
cutting up the trunks but always used the B & D for branches and
thiner stuff ar it could be used one handed, after around 4 months he
is still trying to find a replacement,