Old 23-02-2012, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default small chain saw

On 02/22/2012 11:21 PM, MuddyMike wrote:
[]
I have just recently replaced a rather old B&Q electric chainsaw with an
Aldi cheapy. It came with 3 years warranty so if it only lasts that long its
well worth the money. It says Oregon on the bar, but otherwise is of unknown
brand yet is far more advanced than my old one. It has "no tools required"
chain adjustment, a kick back safety brake, and the chain stops almost
immediately when I let go of the trigger despite the motor still turning. I
used it for the first time last weekend to cut up a telegraph pole and a
dead 6ft tall 12" dia yew trunk. It cut both with absolute ease.

Oregon makes good chains. I have one for the Stihl.