Old 23-02-2012, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default small chain saw

On 02/22/2012 10:08 PM, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
,
Another John writes
I agree, if you're pruning trees Emery. However as she has said, Janet
is faced with a large piles of logs to saw up into foot-lengths.

Actually they are less like logs and more like thickish branches with
the twigs still on in places!!

Bear in mind if you go with the electric saw, every time the chain
touches earth it will get dull, right quickly.

De-twigging this sort of wood is time consuming, too.

I find the chainsawing hard work whether high or low; but I've never had
an electric one as my cutting is rarely near mains. I guess the weight
difference would be considerable. In my case (sight unseen mind) I'd be
happier getting most of it out with the bowsaw.

-E