Old 23-02-2012, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default small chain saw

On Feb 23, 5:34*pm, Jonathan wrote:
On Feb 22, 8:38*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , Bill Grey
writes
There are serious safety concerns to be considered with chain saw use.. I
do
not wish to be patronising, but I strongly recommend you consider your
personal ability to use a chainsaw safely before getting one, however
small.
I was involved in giving safety filmshows to forestry workers in the use
of
chainsaws, and some of the injuries shown were both frightening and
surprisingly easy to incur.

As i posted a couple of months ago, i was quite prepared to go on a day
course to learn how to use one simply.

However the courses I found on the Internet were for aborists and involved
learning to climb trees, where to prune, maintenance of heavy power tools
as well!!

They also cost umpteen amounts of money ..........

Nothing for using a small one to chop up pruned branches etc.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

I can see there would be a problem with a full 9 yards course, not really
necessary for us gardeners.

A basic "how to use" and safety course would be fine.

Bill

The agricultural training board used to do a very good two day course.
First day on maintenance and safety, second day ctting down trees and
cutting them up.

Jonathan- Hide quoted text -

One advantage of an electric chain saw is that when you take your
finger of the trigget the motor stops, and when you want to make the
next cut you just pick it up and press the trigger again, no having to
either leave the thing running or having to start it again.