Old 23-02-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Tackling an overgrown allotment with a bad back

Gary Woods wrote in
:

Baz wrote:

So the cardboard helps the Glyphosate?

No, the cardboard smothers whatever the glyphosphate didn't kill. If
you don't want the agent orange approach, run over the whole thing
with a good strong mower, then mulch heavily with cardboard, dead
leaves, anything that makes a barrier and will rot. If you do this in
the fall, a rotovator will finish the job in the spring. Also a good
way to convert useless sod into useful veg garden! (Am I the only one
who finds the garden space creeps into the lawn?)

Thought so!
Are you in the UK?
I think not. If you give advice from another country, or even continent,
you should say so. The USA has very different climate changes from us in
the UK.

Baz