Old 24-02-2012, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pruning eucalyptus

Billy wrote:
In article ,
manc1973 wrote:

Hi,

As a first post I thought I would ask if it's possible to reduce the
size of my two eucalyptus trees. Unfortunately they have become very
leggy at approx 35ish foot. I was hoping to lop off the tops down to
approx 20ft. Would this be ok and would it produce a more bushy tree.

Kind Regards Clive

Prune an eucalyptus? Are you mad? Wait for a gentle breeze, and the
limbs will fall off by themselves.

Tut tut, such generalisations, and in public too.

David