Old 24-02-2012, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Tackling an overgrown allotment with a bad back

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:05:23 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

When I worked in Cardiff a colegue was Sec. of a local alotment Soc.
and when a new person was taking over an empty alotment they would
cover it in old pallets and burn them to clear the site.

On old site we had a communal activity day to clear a plot for a new
person.
I think it's probably the most sensible thing to do - to at least
attempt to clear it for people.
I know how much hard work it is on our site starting from scratch,
especially if you're not used to the hard labour of digging.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk