Old 24-02-2012, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Allow me to introduce myself . . . .

Martin Brown wrote in news:Ub31r.1596
:

My asparagus bed is something of a joke although we do get some...

Mine is a joke too, in lightish soil. The plants cost enough also!
I just love asparagus fresh from the garden but what a project in time and
labour for a few mangy spears.
A friend of mine inherited a row when he took on his allotment, clay soil
and never does anything for them, just weeds when overgrown. Bonemeal in
November thats it. Gives them away in May and June, too many to eat.
It's enough to make you feel ill isn't it.

Baz