Old 24-02-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Vine Weevils!

On 24/02/2012 12:30, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:19:05 +0000, wrote:

Spent most of the day in the garden yesterday. I decided to split up
some small but congested crowns of Primula bulleyana. Just as well I
did, as I discovered lots of VW larvae, some of them quite chubby.

The classic rear engined VW beetles? :-)

LOL! I thought that as I typed it! :~)

Fortunately, there was a mass of root in each potful so they hadn't had
time to make their presence felt.

I don't think I've ever found them this early. Today I'll be outside
again checking the rest of my potted primulas, cyclamen, fuchsias and
indeed anything else that looks sad, just in case.

You may wish to take this as an early warning.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London