Old 24-02-2012, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default What's all this about a drought?

In message ,
writes
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:01:22 +0000, echinosum
wrote:

Jake;951587 Wrote:
Don't forget Wales is different - most of Wales is covered by a
non-profit company so there are no shareholders.

Wales just has a lot of water, as in general does the western parts of
the country, so there is less to be said for metering, etc, there. S
Wales suffered especially badly in 1976, but I think the money has been
spent to connect S Wales consumers to nearby resources since then.

Funnily enough I was just wondering if I had imagined that, We were
having a bowl wash in a S Wales layby having kipped in the car
overnight . A local made a point of saying we should not be wasting
water and didn't really like it when I pointed out the 10 gallons of
water in ex cider barrels in the boot we had brought from Hampshire to
be self sufficient for the weekend having heard about the problems.
Maybe he went on to set fire to a cottage to appease his bad attitude.

G.Harman

LOL
--
hugh